Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Horror


I looked down at work yesterday to a gaping hole that resembled something like a missing tooth. My diamond and one prong were missing from my ring! In a calm panic I went to my co-worker, Anne, said "it's a bad day" and showed her the ring. She broke into action and we surveyed the scene. Therese, another co-worker, had actually caught a glimpse of it earlier without having thought much about it and led us right to the spot. Without her, we would have been on a mad hunt out the door and around the block. But never fear - we found the diamond and the prong! Not without increased heartrates and a touch of panic. Blah. Unsure if they'll fix it or if I'll need to get a new setting, but for the moment it's locked away safe.

1 comment:

ALICIA said...

DAMN! They better pay for that! It's super-new still, right?