Sunday, December 27, 2009

Her Life in France

I just finished Julia Child's My Life in France. The only hindsight regret is reading Julie and Julia first, now that I am much better versed in Julia Child's life, both professionally and personally. Every chapter left me hungry, curious about visiting France and admiring of the six-foot female doing what she loved and doing it well. I think I shall serve my duty by purchasing a copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking and to take her advice to learn by doing! It is of course impossible to know which details in the book are truly accurate, but I wonder what in my life I am so passionate about that upon looking back years later, I'd be able to recount down to the smallest nuance, such as the bottle of wine selected at a meal. Perhaps that should be the goal for any venture taken in life.

No comments: