Friday, December 16, 2011

Oliver Out and About

I should have gotten a photo today. Burned Oliver's sleeping time with a drive out to Hillsboro and lunch, so he was awake and wanting to be held by the time we made it to our manicure appointment. Great... I held him for a bit, but then I needed both hands. So the guy went in the back and recruited the ladies who were not working at the moment to hold him. They whisked him to the back (where I could still see him) and he totally hung out with them contentedly for 10 minutes or so. Hilarious. I tipped the guy well, and felt bad for not paying the ladies!

On a side note, Andie suggested I get shellac instead of regular polish, since it bakes on and is then dry, so I wouldn't ruin them with Oliver. Verdict: so far, so great!

This story also reminds me of all of the other places that Oliver will be someday be embarrassed having been with me to:
  • The nail salon
  • The hair salon (Wednesday he actually insisted on sitting on my lap through the whole color process, but did fall asleep just in time for shampoo!)
  • The bra store - "Just Like a Woman"
  • The ladies lounge in Nordstrom
  • Mom & Baby yoga
  • OBGYN appointments
  • Hanging out in my bathroom
  • Shopping
Please remind me if I've forgotten any... Te he he

No comments: