Sunday, May 20, 2012

Vegas Vacation Part III: Hairspray

If you ever visit Las Vegas, I would highly recommend staying in the Wynn hotel. We stayed there when we went to see my bucket list performer, Garth Brooks. It's one of the newer hotels, and can be quite a luxurious experience. One of the perks is the exclusive line of bath products called Desert Bambu. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, shaving lotion, etc...the works. My favorite was the hairspray. Flexible hold, lots of body. Everything you could want. So I stashed our room's two travel sized bottles in my luggage and never looked back. Figured I would look up the brand when I got back and pick up some more.

I used them over about a year on the occasions when I actually did my hair (pregnant, then with a baby, so don't judge how little I used product), and then finally used it up. Mitchell and Jacob have been back to the hotel, but I didn't think about it. Then I finally looked up the brand. Turns out it's exclusive for the guests of the Wynn. Provided complimentary in the rooms, and for sale in the Salon/Spa. Not available online for order. Drat! Andrea was going back in November - perhaps she could pick me up some. She cancelled her trip. Then FINALLY, a year later, I get to Vegas.

On the last day of our trip, Kerry and I hop in a cab before heading to the airport. We take it to the Wynn at the opposite end of the strip. We navigate our way to the spa and find the shelves of product. The sales associate ambles over to us and I ask her if this is all of the products, so I can stock up on a variety - I don't want to miss anything! She says yes, and that the only thing they've stopped making is the hairspray. Excuse me, what? The whole reason I am here and the thing that has been in the back of my mind for a year and a half has since been discontinued? You've got to be kidding me. Alas, she was not kidding me.

Sadly, I purchase a bottle of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Figure it's got to be good. But I leave the salon/spa a bit defeated. I spend the rest of the $40 it takes me to take a cab to the Wynn and back and say goodbye to a future of flexible, yet unmanageably thick hair.

No comments: