Tuesday, May 22, 2012

9 1/2

Some of you reading this will think: "Who the hell cares?" while others of you will think that I am bragging. But I just needed to share that my feet, since being pregnant, SHRANK! I have, as long as I can remember, been a size 10 1/2 (a whole other conversation, as to why most shoe companies SKIP size 10 1/2 on their way up to 11??) Sometimes I would have to upsize, but usually I could get away with a 10. I have always had narrow feet, just really long. But today, I can proudly say that I am a 9 1/2 narrow.

I needed new shoes for the JDRF Gala, so I stopped by Nordstrom after Stroller Strides. So convenient sometimes, working out in a mall. Anyway, I had Oliver with me, so the gal asked me if I had had my feet measured since I had him. I begrudgingly said no, since I knew it was the thing to do. Likely the old feetsies had spread a touch.

I had heard horror stories of people gaining a size with each kid they had. To the average sized foot, that might not be the worst thing ever, but to someone nearing the top of the women's size chart, that is something to fear. And avoid like the plague. I had ALSO heard that a woman's arch can drop while pregnant. What?! I would take a size 12 over a fallen arch any day. So many things to worry about.

So I got myself a pair of sandals with arch support, and strapped my tennis shoes on tight any time I went for a walk. And tried to avoid gaining too much weight.

And today? As displayed with the official metal foot measurer at Nordstrom, it has paid off with my new, petite feet. And my new, 9 1/2 Corso Como heels! :)

2 comments:

sstone04@aol.com said...

You are lucky. My petite 5's grew to 7 WIDE. Perhaps it could have been the 60 lb weight gain but MAYBE not....Matt is to blame.

Babs of Portland said...

I hope you remind him of this frequently!!