Thursday, April 12, 2012

Food TIme

Oliver has been eating solid food for over a month now. We've been having a good time coming up with new fruits and veggies to prepare for him. He's eating lunch and dinner now and we are just buying fresh or frozen organic fruits and vegetables, steaming or baking them, and then pureeing or mashing them up. We save a little fresh and then portion the rest out in ice cube trays to freeze for later. We have baggies full of colorful little food pucks throughout the freezer. I've signed up for Organics to You to bring us fruits and veggies weekly. Next week will be the first delivery, which I'm looking forward to. But I'm also a little intimidated by the potential for new things I've never eaten or prepared before. A healthy challenge, I suppose!

We also finally received Oliver's new Stokke high chair. He was sitting on our laps before, but I've gotten too many of my pants dirty, and he's getting big! These high chairs are cool, because they pull up to the "family table" without a tray. They look good, and will adjust throughout childhood and eventually work as a stool for a grownup. An investment and a piece of furniture. This is the one we picked out for the house.


I left him in it to grab my camera for a second and Oliver managed to grab his food and began feeding himself. Shortly before he almost dropped the entire bowl on the floor. :)

No comments: