Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Stinky

Went to Babies R Us to pick up some things we discovered we "need" for Oliver. While there I grabbed a pack of disposable diaper bags. They're basically doggy poo bags, but branded for babies. I have plans to do a price comparison, because they're literally the same thing. Except for the fact that the baby ones are scented (I have no idea why they would be and the dog bags wouldn't be...) As I looked at my BRU store-brand bags, I noticed an overwhelming odor of baby powder. I couldn't figure it out for a moment until I realized it was coming through the box packaging of the bags. It was an overpowering scent, and while reminiscent of "baby," it's also kind of sickening. So I put them back and selected a more neutral Arm & Hammer brand.

Flash forward to diaper changing time when I go to apply our new Babies R Us (Vaseline knock-off) Petroleum Jelly in a tube. The only kind they had. To my horror, as I was about to place it on my son's freshly circumcised part, I realized it reeked of... you guessed it... baby powder. I thought, this can not be, it's just Petroleum Jelly... as the active ingredient. With "fragrance" as the only "other ingredient". In a very unofficial and incomplete study, I think every store-brand product that they sell is Baby Powder Scented!

Maybe it's just me, but perhaps one or two items should be scented baby powder if you want your baby to smell like that. Or possibly even just use baby powder?? I go out of my way to buy unscented products, so I found it just a wee bit frustrating...

No comments: